THRIVE IN SILICON VALLEY WITH A PERFECT BLEND OF FUNDING, MENTORSHIP, AND EDUCATION.
We are currently on our second fleet of startups, and serve the next leaders in the hottest tech industries of the day. Our program connects inductees to hundreds of mentors, investors, coaches and potential partners in an intense three month curriculum.
Each month of the program is dedicated to a critical step of thriving in Silicon Valley. The first month acclimates startups to the new culture, getting them to unlearn what they’ve learned and adapt their project to the Silicon Valley. Month two is about networking, where each startup gets the chance to meet mentors, and people from all aspects of the tech business here. Lastly, month three is all about fundraising, including face time with the Refiners’ growing network of investors and of course Pitch Night.
We help our startups meet with key people in the Silicon Valley (on average 200 separate meetings for each startup during our 264-hour program). The heavy involvement of mentors and other experts is designed to give you the experience in the field, rather than to simply educate you and leave you to find your way on your own.
The Refiners accepts startups at all stages of development (pre-seed, seed, Series A+).
Startups are accepted in “fleets” of 12 to 15 companies and share a common workspace in the heart of San Francisco’s thriving SOMA district. For three months, our startups receive coaching from our team and constant feedback from our mentor network.
- $50-100,000 in funding
- 90 days in San Francisco to adapt to Silicon Valley culture and learn the rules of the game
- Free office space, master classes, workshops, coaching, mentorship, staff resources
- Weekly challenges to immerse your team in Silicon Valley culture outside the office
- A powerful and actionable local network of entrepreneurs, technology leaders, innovators, experts, partners and investors (both American and European)
- +250 hours of mentoring focused on: bridging the cultural gap, maintaining company culture in a trans-Atlantic team, global strategy, product/business plans, go-to-market strategy, growth and fundraising
- Constant feedback on communication, marketing, pitching, growth hacking and sales strategy
- Assistance with technical matters including: legal, immigration, HR, accounting, hosting
A private “All Star” Dinner and Pitch Night is organized with the most active investors and influencers that Silicon Valley has to offer.
WHAT'S THE DEAL?
For startups that have raised less than $500k:
The Refiners invests up to $50,000 for 5-7% equity (Program Fee: $15k)
For startups that have raised between $500k and $1M:
The Refiners invests $50-100,000 for 3-5% equity (Program Fee: $25k)
For startups that have raised more than $1M:
No investment (Program Fee: $50k + advisory shares)